About Dr Philip Wong
- Extensive experience in diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopy (gastroscopy), lower GI endoscopy (colonoscopy), and ERCP.
- Assessment, management and treatment of liver disease, in particular, hepatitis B and C.
- Capsule endoscopy (pillcam).
- Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Auckland City Hospital, Aucklan (1994-current)
- Clinical Senior Lecturer in Medicine, University of Auckland
Specialising in all aspects of
- Liver Disease
Endoscopy Performed at
- Endoscopy Auckland
- MercyAscot Endoscopy North Shore
Capsule endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Gastroscopy
MB ChB 1984 Auckland; FRACP 1991
Post Fellowship Training
Institute of Liver Studies, King College Hospital, London, UK (1991-94)
- NZ Society of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver
- Auckland Chinese Medical Association
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Chairperson, Endoscopy Specialists Committee at MercyAscot Hospital
Contact Dr Philip Wong