About Southern Cross Heart Institute
Southern Cross Hospital in Hamilton is the home of Southern Cross Heart Institute, offering a range of cardiology services delivered in a state- of-the-art, purpose-built interventional cardiology suite.
Facilities include a new generation Philips Azurion image-guided therapy platform, one of the most advanced of its kind available in the world. The Azurion system boasts fusion of digital X-Ray technology, CT scan and 4D ultrasound (echocardiogram) of the heart in real time. Southern Cross Heart Institute brings together a highly skilled team of specialists at the Southern Cross hospital to perform a wide range of minimally invasive cardiac procedures which, until now, have been performed through conventional open heart operations. The hybrid interventional suite supports cardiologists and cardiac surgeons in working together, and offers the latest treatment options for patients with heart disease.
A wide range of diagnostic and interventional cardiology treatments includes :
- Diagnostic coronary angiography and coronary angioplasty.
- Assessment of coronary plaques using intra coronary ultrasound scan and FFT / iFR technology.
- Echocardiography - 3D trans thoracic, 4D trans oesophageal and 3D intra cardiac echocardiography.
- Treatment of adult congenital heart disease - atrial septal defect (ASD), patent foramen ovale (PFO) ventricular septal defect (VSD), coarctation of the aorta and patent ductus arteriosus (PDA).
- Treatment for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM) - trans-catheter ethanol septal ablation (TESA)
- Left atrial appendage occlusion - for prevention of stroke in patients with atrial brillation.
- Trans-catheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) - replacement of aortic valve on a beating heart, under local anaesthesia
- Minimally invasive treatment of mitral regurgitation using MitraClip device.
Dr Mark Davis
Cardiologist – cardiac imaging
Dr Dilesh Jogia
Cardiologist – general cardiology and cardiac imaging
Dr Pranesh Jogia
Cardiologist and Intensive Care Specialist – cardiac imaging
Dr Rajesh Nair
Cardiologist – coronary intervention, structural intervention and cardiac imaging
Dr Sanjeevan Pasupati
Cardiologist – coronary intervention and structural intervention
For more information or for referrals, contact us at (07) 959 5651 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org