About Southern Cross Heart Institute
Southern Cross hospital in Hamilton is the home of Southern Cross Heart Institute, offering a range of cardiology services delivered in a state-of-the-art, purpose built interventional cardiology suite.
The Azurion system installed at the centre is one of the most advanced of its kind available in the world and boasts fusion of digital X-Ray technology, CT scan and 3D ultrasound (echocardiography) of the heart in real time.
Southern Cross Heart Institute brings together a highly skilled team of independent medical specialists at Southern Cross Hamilton hospital, offering a full range of diagnostic and interventional cardiology services under one roof.
A wide range of diagnostic and interventional cardiology treatments offered includes:
- Consultations, ECGs, holter monitors, ETT, CTCA and TAVI CT
- Echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound) TTE / TOE
- Management and treatment of hypertension, atrial fibrillation and other cardiovascular conditions
- Diagnostic coronary angiography and coronary angioplasty, iFR / FFR / IVUS
- Treatment of adult congenital heart disease - atrial septal defect (ASD), patent foramen ovale (PFO), ventricular septal defect (VSD), coarctation of aorta
- HOCM - treatment of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. TESA - transcatheter ethanol septal ablation
- TAVI (Trans catheter Aortic Valve Implantation) - minimally invasive treatment of aortic stenosis
- Mitral Clip - minimally invasive treatment of mitral regurgitation
- LAA (Left Atrial Appendage closure) for prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation
Dr Sanjeevan Pasupati
Cardiologist – coronary intervention and structural intervention
Dr Pranesh Jogia
Cardiologist and Intensive Care Specialist – cardiac imaging
Dr Rajesh Nair
Cardiologist – coronary intervention, structural intervention and cardiac imaging
Dr Dilesh Jogia
Cardiologist – general cardiology and cardiac imaging
For more information or for referrals, contact us at (07) 959 5651 or email