About Dr Flora Gastrell
Flora is a part of Gynaecology Associates practice. Her primary practice location is Nelson.
Gynaecology Associates are leading providers of gynaecology services within wider Wellington and Nelson regions. We pride ourselves on comprehensive, women-centred care. Our highly experienced team at Gynaecology Associates include dedicated nurses, womens health physiotherapists, clinical psychologists, and dieticians.
Flora is an experienced New Zealand trained Gynaecologist.
She has worked at Nelson Hospital as a consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist for more than 15 years as well as working in a number of other New Zealand, Australian, UK and Northern Indian hospitals.
- Laparoscopic surgery including hysterectomy
- Abdominal surgery for large ovarian cysts and fibroids and hysterectomy
- Prolapse surgery and urinary incontinence tapes. Flora does not use mesh for prolapse repairs.
- Colposcopy for abnormal smears and vulval conditions
- Pelvic pain including botox injections to pelvic floor and pudendal nerve blocks
- Post menopausal and intermenstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual blood loss surgery
MBChB 1992 (Otago NZ), BMedSci (Otago), FRANZCOG, Grad Dip Theology 2020