About Dr Flora Gastrell
Flora is an experienced New Zealand trained Gynaecologist.
She has worked at Nelson Hospital as a consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist for more than 15 years as well as working in a number of other New Zealand, Australian, UK and Northern Indian hospitals.
- Laparoscopic surgery including hysterectomy
- Abdominal surgery for large ovarian cysts and fibroids and hysterectomy
- Prolapse surgery and urinary incontinence tapes. Flora does not use mesh for prolapse repairs.
- Colposcopy for abnormal smears and vulval conditions
- Pelvic pain including botox injections to pelvic floor and pudendal nerve blocks
- Post menopausal and intermenstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual blood loss surgery
MBChB & BMedSc (Otago) FRANZCOG