About Breast Cancer Foundation NZ
Breast Cancer Foundation NZ (BCFNZ) is a not-for-profit charitable trust, registered with the Charities Commission and founded in 1994. We push new frontiers in early detection education, treatment and support so that, one day, there can be zero deaths from breast cancer.
Our work relies entirely on donations from the New Zealand public including personal donations, fundraising events and corporate partnerships.
Were here to help.
Breast cancer isnt easy, so were supporting anyone diagnosed with the disease through:
- cancer rehab classes
- online community called mybc
- breast nurse helpline: 0800 BC NURSE
Research & Medical
To date, weve distributed over $2 million for breast cancer research and medical grants. We invite applications for research grants, fellowships, scholarships, medical equipment and community outreach.
Awareness & Education
Were committed to raising awareness and educating the public about New Zealands most common cancer for women.
Some of the ways we do this include:
- an iconic Pink Caravan which travels around New Zealand providing free breast health advice to people living in smaller towns that dont have access to the variety of health services the bigger cities do
- a breast health education programme delivered by BCFNZ National Educators who are available for presentations within all sectors of the community
- unique awareness campaigns to educate New Zealanders about the importance of early detection, the signs of breast cancer and what to look for, as well as the importance of getting checked
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is October.