About Dr Rachael Harry
Specialising in Hepatology
Rachael specialises only in liver disease and is the only such specialist working in private practice in New Zealand. She also works at the national liver transplant unit in Auckland and runs liver clinics at Whangarei Hospital.
She has a wealth of experience in managing all aspects of liver disease. Her relaxed and empathic communication is popular with patients and she is happy to receive referrals about all aspects of liver disease.
Areas of Expertise
- Investigation of jaundice and Abnormal liver function tests
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Viral hepatitis (Hepatitis B and C)
- Non Alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Autoimmune liver disease
- Cholestatic liver diseases e.g. PBC & PSC
- Metabolic liver disease
- Primary liver cancer (Hepatocellular carcinoma)
- Liver transplantation
Capsule endoscopy, Capsule pH monitoring, Colonoscopy, Consultations, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Gastroscopy, Oesophageal manometry test, Physician/surgeon assessment and follow up, Sigmoidoscopy
MA(Oxon), MBBS, MD, FRCP (UK), FRACP