About The Hernia Clinic
Specialist Hernia Care
The Hernia Clinic, in Christchurch, is the South Islands first clinic specialising in the diagnosis and treatment of hernias.
The Hernia Clinic was established by surgeons Paul Fogarty and Ross Roberts in response to local demand for such a service. The clinic is also in keeping with international trends towards a focused and specialised approach to surgical problems by a team with a specialised interest in the condition.
The team at the Hernia Clinic are widely experienced in all forms of hernia repair including keyhole and the more traditional surgical techniques.
We provide a friendly, welcoming approach with full attention to patient privacy and the service offered is courteous, rapid and efficient. All surgical results are fully audited to ensure the outcomes are in line with international standards for similar hernia specialist clinics worldwide.
Southern Cross Affiliated
Areas of Specialisation
- Laparoscopic or Open Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Incisional Hernia
- Hiatus Hernia
- Complex Hernias
- Femoral Hernia
- ACC Registered
Payment options: Credit cards accepted
- Inaugural Member and President of ANZGOSA
- Inaugural Member of ANZHPBA
- Member of the NZ Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the NZ Medical Association
- Specialised in General Surgery in New Zealand with post Fellowship Training in Cape Town, South Africa
- Practicing at Christchurch Hospital plus Southern Cross and St Georges Hospitals in Christchurch
Please bring a letter from your General Practitioner explaining the reason for your visit and please bring a list of your current medications and any allergies. It is helpful if you can also bring details of your insurance company such as their name and your number. If you visit is covered by ACC please bring any letters you have received from them. Old X-Ray reports can also assist.