About Dr José Roman
Jose Roman trained in London where he obtained an MSc degree from London University. He also completed 6 years of formal specialized training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the London and the Newcastle Region gaining his Membership of the Royal College (UK) in 1991.
When in New Zealand he was awarded a Fellowship by the New Zealand O&G Society for training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery or keyhole surgery that he completed at the renowned Memorial Medical Centre in Adelaide in 1995. He further enhanced his laparoscopic training in Arizona (USA), Tennessee (USA) and Brussels (Belgium).
Jose pioneered major gynaecological laparoscopic surgery in the Waikato Region and has obtained arguably one of the largest experiences in advanced laparoscopic surgery in Australasia. He performed the first total laparoscopic hysterectomy in the Waikato Region in 1999 and developed the first Office Hysteroscopy Clinic. During his stay at Waikato Hospital he was awarded the Medical Johnson & Johnson Prize. He was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG) in 2004.
He now works as a full time private Gynaecologist and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon at Braemar Hospital in Hamilton and is a Visiting Specialist at Te Awamutu Medical Centre (Te Awamutu), the Pohlen Hospital (Matamata)
Jose is pleased to offer his patients his vast experience of more than 30 years in Gynaecological surgery including more than 5000 operative laparoscopies and more than 1600 key-hole hysterectomies.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy, including for the enlarged uterus
- Laparoscopic excision of fibroids
- Laparoscopic surgery for all degrees of endometriosis.
- Laparoscopic pelvic floor reconstruction using NO VAGINAL MESH
- Urodynamic UNIT at the office for conducting urodynamic studies
- Repair of complex prolapses / recurrent prolapses / laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
- Surgical correction of urinary incontinence / laparoscopic colposuspension / Tension-free vaginal tape procedure
- Hysteroscopic surgery: Endometrial resection/ Resection of intrauterine fibroids
- Laparoscopic treatment of Uterine cancer / Laparoscopic transperitoneal pelvic lymphadenectomy
- Surgical treatment of ovarian cancer by laparotomy
- Colposcopy and surgical treatment of abnormal smear / cervical pre-cancer
Other languages spoken : Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
Hospital practising at : BRAEMAR HOSPITAL, HAMILTON
All Consultations and procedures in the clinic rooms
Colposcopy Examinations and Biopsy
Insertion and removal of the Mirena Coil
Insertion of Ring Pessaries
MB BS, MSc (London), FRCOG (United Kingdom), FRANZCOG (Australia & New Zealand)
Member of the American Association of Gynecologists Laparoscopists
Member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
Member of the International Urogynaecological Society
Member of the Clinical Committee at Braemar Hospital
British Council Fellowship Award – University College of London
Obstetrical and New Zealand Society Fellowship Award- Memorial Medical Centre- Adelaide
Extensive Gynaecological surgical experience of 30 years
Working International experience: London (UK), Adelaide (Australia), Arizona (USA), Brussels (Belgium), Tennessee (USA)