About New Zealand College of Midwives
Midwives are health professionals specialising in normal pregnancy and birth.
Midwives offer free maternity care from your pregnancy test up to six weeks after the birth of your baby in a variety of settings and hospitals in your community.
Midwives provide continuity of care, giving you time to ask questions and to plan your family’s needs during pregnancy, birth and the weeks following.
Midwives work in partnership with you providing all the information you need to make informed decisions that are right for you, your baby and your family.
Find Your Midwife is a website that allows women to quickly and easily find the right midwife for them.
The site also offers a due date calculator and a print option for women who may not have a computer.
refer to http://www.findyourmidwife.co.nz
Services provided by a Midwife
- Free pregnancy tests
- Continuity of care
- All antenatal care and assessments
- Information and education
- Professional care and support throughout labour, birth and after your baby is born
- Breastfeeding support and advice
- Referral to a Well Child Provider for ongoing care of your baby at six weeks