About Dr Hussain Patel
Based in Auckland, I am an Ophthalmologist with expertise in the field of glaucoma and cataract surgery. My aim is to provide nothing but the best eye care in a personal, warm and caring environment.
My passion is to do all I can to prevent loss of vision due to glaucoma. I am adept with the latest technology used in the diagnosis and monitoring of glaucoma. Our medical facility flourishes with state-of-the-art medical, laser and surgical care for glaucoma patients.
I am also a skilled and experienced cataract surgeon and am pleased to be able to restore vision in patients who have cataracts. I also provide complete eye care for common eye problems and diseases.
Areas of Specialisation
Glaucoma, Cataract Surgery, General Ophthalmology
Cataract surgery, Chalazion or tarsal cyst removal, Consultations and assessments, Corneal pachymetry, Intravitreal injections, Laser iridoplasty, Laser iridotomy, Laser peripheral iridoplasty, Laser trabeculoplasty, Minor eyelid surgery, Optic disc photos, Optical coherence tomography (OCT), Pan retinal laser, Retinal photography, Selective or micropulse laser trabeculoplasty, Syringing of tear ducts or lacrimal probe, Visual field tests, YAG laser capsulotomy
MBChB, MD, FRANZCO;
Consultant GCC (ADHB) Senior Lecturer University of Auckland
Current Professional Memberships and Associations Include:
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Australian and New Zealand Glaucoma Interest Group
- American Glaucoma Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmology New Zealand
- Save Sight Society New Zealand
- School of Medicine Post-Graduate Education and Training Committee
- New Zealand Medical Association
Contact Dr Hussain Patel
P: 0800 750 750 or 021 669 874