About NZ Association of Optometrists
See our website for eye health information including a check-list to be sure your eye exam ticks all the right boxes.
Locate NZAO optometrists approved to prescribe eye medicines or issue CAA special eye reports
NZAO serves the following functions:
- Provides continuing education for its members to ensure the highest clinical standards of care
- Liases with the government concerning regulation of optometrists
- Works with government departments, industry, and other stakeholders on standards related to eye health and vision, and vision standards,
- Provides professional indemnity insurance for members to protect the public
- Promotes the profession of optometry to raise public awareness of eye disease and preventable blindness
- Provides an independent panel to investigate complaints against member optometrists…find out more
- Supports the education of future members of the profession through partnership with the Department of Optometry and Vision Science at The University of Auckland.
- Actively supports Visionz (Voluntary Ophthalmic Services Overseas -VOSO), which provides eye care to Pacific Island countries
- Full member of the World Council of Optometry and the Asia Pacific Optometric Council