About Phillip Insull
Phillip has expertise in diagnosing and managing a wide range of spinal conditions and offers both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for patients.
He has a special interest in minimally invasive procedures for disc herniations, vertebral compression fractures and degenerative disc disease. He is also experienced in performing complex open surgery for spinal deformities, spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis.
Phillip has an appointment as a consultant spine surgeon in New Zealand's largest public orthopaedic department, at Waitemata District Health Board. He also has a private practice, with two clinic locations across Auckland (North Shore and South Auckland). Phillip is committed to providing discerning patient care and believes in empowering patients to recover function and manage pain.
Phillip is an advocate for continuing medical education and provides regular teaching to junior doctors, GPs and allied health professionals. He has been appointed as an educational supervisor by the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Surgery for spondylolisthesis, disc herniation, spinal stenosis & spinal deformity (including scoliosis & kyphosis)
- Minimally invasive treatment for vertebral compression fractures & degenerative disc disease
- Non-surgical management of common spinal conditions (including injection treatments)
- Expert opinions for ACC, insurance, employment and medico-legal purposes
BHB, MBChB, FRACS (Orth)
- St. Georges Healthcare NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
- Counties Manukau District Health Board, Auckland, New Zealand
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Association
- New Zealand Spine Society
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Hospitals Practicing At:
- Southern Cross Hospitals
- Ormiston Hospital
- MercyAscot Hospitals