About NZDBC Dizziness & Balance Centre
Providing the highest level of care to balance disturbed people from diagnosis to rehabilitation.
NZDBC is the first clinic in New Zealand to provide comprehensive vestibular assessment and rehabilitation to balance disturbed patients.
The services on offer include everything from initial assessment through objective diagnosis to rehabilitation. Initial assessment will be by experienced Neurotologists, followed by directed investigations by the Vestibular Audiologist and Vestibular Physiotherapist to allow confirmation of diagnosis and documentation of the degree and severity of the underlying problem.
Rehabilitative physiotherapy will occur on site in a specialised laboratory by an experienced vestibular rehabilitation practitioner.
- Specialist opinion (ENT or Neurologist)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)
- Computerised Dynamic Posturography (Equitest)
- Physiotherapy for Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Video Head Impulse Test (vHIT)
- Videonystagmography (VNG)/Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Poteencial (VEMP)