About Mr John de Waal
I am a Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon practicing in Auckland, New Zealand. Having completed my medical and specialist training in New Zealand I went on to complete further postgraduate qualifications in England.
General Plastic Surgery | Skin Cancer Surgery
- Skin and soft tissue tumours – especially Nose, Ears, Eyelids, Parotid, BCCs, SCCs, Melanoma (including sentinel node biopsy)
- Scar revision, Poorly healing tissue
- Congenital, Traumatic, Arthritis of tendons, Bones, Ligaments, Nerves
- Dupuytrens, Carpal tunnel, Ganglia
- Facial – Prominent ears, Blepharoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Facelifts
- Torso – Gynaecomastia, Abdominoplasty, Breast lifts, augmentation/reduction, Liposuction, Labiaplasty
- Scar revisions, Foreign bodies, Nasal fractures, Hand injuries, Traumatic wounds
Comprehensive skin examinations (including dermoscopy), Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment, Curettage, Diathermy, Incisional biopsy, Punch biopsy.
Skin cancer surgery – excisions, flaps & grafts.
Open muscle biopsy & Temporal artery biopsy.
Carpal Tunnel Release.
MBChB (1985), FRACS (1992), ACC Accredited
New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons NZAPS
Australian Hand Surgery Society
Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ASAPS
International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ISAPS
American Society of Plastic Surgeons