About Dr Ravi Suppiah
Comprehensive range of rheumatology, sports medicine and musculoskeletal services
Ravi is a rheumatologist with expertise in all areas of rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine. He uses ultrasound routinely as part of the diagnostic process and to regularly measure disease activity in inflammatory arthritis.
Ravi has a subspecialty interest in sport and exercise medicine and has previously worked for OxSport in the United Kingdom. He specialises in discriminating inflammatory disease from injury, and is uniquely skilled to treat both.
He has an academic interest in systemic vasculitis and has published research papers, book chapters and recently a doctoral thesis in this area.
Ravi enjoys teaching and is involved with general practioner up-skilling, undergraduate medical school teaching, and co-ordinates the academic and professional development of the rheumatology specialist trainees in the Auckland region
Rheumatologist in all Rheumatology, Sports Medicine & Musculoskeletal Disorders.
- MSK ultrasound for diagnosis, disease ativity and guided injections
- PRP for osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis and tendonopathy
- Nerve blocks for pain management
- URGENT appointments for new active CCP positive RA
- URGENT appointments for suspected GCA - ultrasound for diagnosis
- Infusions of biologic and cytotoxic meds for rheumatic indications
NIB First Choice Provider
ACC Clinical Services Contract
BHB, MBChB, PGDip Sport Med, FRACP, MD
Hospitals Practising at
Service Lead Clinician for Rheumatology Service at Auckland DHB, Rheumatologist at Counties Manukau Health