About Dr Stephen Persson
Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Endoscopy.
Over 14 years experience as consultant gastroenterologist and advanced endoscopist.
Senior gastroenterologist at Middlemore Hospital. Extensive private practice experience in all aspects of gastroenterology, endoscopy and liver disease.
Scope of Practice:
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic Physician
- Endoscopy, Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP, Enteroscopy, General diagnostic and advanced therapeutic techniques (large polyp/superficial cancer resection, stent placement, stricture dilatations, etc.), colon cancer screening
Private Consulting at:
East Care Specialist Centre,
Pukekohe Family Health Care
APC procedures in association with endoscopy, Banding of haemorrhoids, Colonoscopy, EMR procedures in association with endoscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Gastroscopy
MBChB (Auckland), Dip Obst, FRACP
Steve has over 15 years of experience as a gastroenterologist. He did his training in Auckland, and in London at The Middlesex Hospital where his postgraduate fellowship in interventional endoscopy and ERCP was in one of the premier endoscopy suites in Europe.
Memberships and Positions Held
- Senior consultant gastroenterologist Middlemore Hospital
- Member of American Gastroenterological Association
- Member of NZ Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy