About Auckland Iron Clinic
Do you see these patients in your practice?
- Renal Patients - ferritin <300μg/L, and a TSAT <30%
- Cardiac Patients - ferritin <100ug/L or ferritin 100-299μg/L and a TSAT <20%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
– Inactive IBD - ferritin <30μg/L or a TSAT <16
– Active IBD - ferritin <100μg/L or a TSAT <16
- Pregnancy - 16 weeks pregnant, ferritin <15-30μg/L and/or a TSAT, 6-20%
- Teenagers - >14 years
- Pre-operative patients - surgical patients with expected moderate to high blood loss<
Dr Sarah Bell BHB MBChB FRACP
Specialist in Internal Medicine
New Zealand trained, and a Fellow of the Australasian College of Physicians. As a specialist physician, Dr Bell believes in the benefit of early detection, investigation and management of patients with iron deficiency.
Dr Bell can do the special authority to provide fully funded access to ferric carboxymaltose (Ferinject®) for all your iron deficient patients.
Urgent Appointments Available