About Mr Joe Brownlee
Joe qualified in medicine (MB ChB) from Otago University in 1981. Joe also has a BSc. degree in physiology from Otago University.
Joe's orthopaedic surgical training was in New Zealand and Edinburgh. Joe has been in private orthopaedic practice in Auckland from 1991 and has specialised in surgery of the lower limb since 1995.
We strive to offer a friendly, flexible, and easily accessible service to provide exceptional care for our patients.
Our practice specialises in surgery of the lower limb: hip, knee, foot and ankle. Joe's particular interests are in:
- Ceramic-on-ceramic hip joint replacement
- Arthroscopic knee and ankle surgery
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Achilles tendon problems
- Full (total) and partial (unicompartmental) knee replacement
- Patellofemoral (kneecap) disorders
- Patellofemoral joint replacement
Auckland Surgical Centre, Ascot
Areas of Specialisation
Surgery of the Lower Limb
Arthroscopic Knee & Ankle Surgery
Ceramic Hip Joint Replacement
Foot, Ankle & Bunion Surgery
BSc (Otago) 1976, MBChB (Otago) 1981, FRACS (Orth) 1988