About Mr Grant Russell
Grant graduated from Otago University before going on to do Specialist Urology Training and obtaining the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). Specialist Urology training was undertaken in Wellington, Sydney and London.
He has a particular interest in prostate disease; prostate cancer and benign prostate disease as well as minimally invasive surgery for uninary tract stones. Together with a Urology colleague, Grant has recently established MRI/ultrasound fusion guided prostate biopsy at Wakefield Hospital in Newtown. This technology allows targeted biopsying of areas suspicious for prostate cancer identified on MRI scanning of the prostate.
Areas of Specialisation
- Prostate Disease - Prostate Cancer, Benign Prostate Disease
- MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Prostate Biopsy
- Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Calculi, Laser, Shock Wave Lithotripsy, Percutaneous Stone Removal
- Scrotal Surgery - Hydrocoele, Epididymal Cyst, Varicocele
- Vasectomy/Vasectomy Reversal
- Overactive/Painful Bladder/Pelvic Pain
- Lower Hutt - Boulcott Hospital & Specialist Centre
- Paraparaumu - Boulcott Clinic Coastlands Mall
- Masterton - Selina Sutherland Hospital
Consultations, Prostate brachytherapy, Radical retropubic prostatectomy with or without synchronous node dissection, Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP) with or without cystoscopy, Vasectomy.
- Urological Society of Australia & NZ
- British Assocaition of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urologist
- Society International Urol