About Dr Simon Van Rij
Hospitals Practicing At: Auckland Hospital, Southern Cross North Harbour & Brightside Hospitals
Mercy Hospital, Ormiston Hospital
Expert in managing urological cancers having worked as a Robotic and Laser specialist consultant in the largest prostate and robotic surgery centre in London and the UK before returning to NZ.
Simon remains involved in teaching prostate cancer diagnostic techniques, robotic and laser surgery to other surgeons.
Consultant Urologist Auckland Hospital
Private Urology consultant OneSixOne Epsom and Wairau Valley.
Conditions Treated include:
- All urological cancers: kidney, bladder, prostate, testicular
- Urinary flow problems and related symptoms including catheter issues and blood in the urine (haematuria)
- Kidney stones, Scrotal abnormalities: hydroceles, varioceles, epidymal cysts
Operations Performed Include:
- Robotic prostatectomy
- Robotic partial nephrectomy
- Minimally invasive prostate treatments: REZUM, Urolift
- Transperineal prostate biopsy, MRI guided prostate biopsy
- HOLEP - laser TURP
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy, Bladder tumour removal
- Ureteroscopy, laser, shockwave treatment (ESWL)
- TURP, urodynamics, laser, cystoscopy, stent insertion
FRACS, MBChB, BSc, PG Dip Sports Medicine;
Society of Robotic Surgeons,
Urology Society of Australia & NZ
Advanced robotic surgery (prostate + kidney) and pelvic uro-oncology surgery training, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
New Zealand-trained surgeon who treats all aspects of urology, and takes pride in clear communication and patient-centred care
Contact Dr Simon Van Rij
Ph: 09 623 0161