About Dr Carl Peters
Dr Carl Peters is a specialist endocrinologist and diabetologist with particular expertise in the management of diabetes in pregnancy, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, lipid and endocrine disorders.
After training as an endocrinologist in New Zealand, Dr Peters moved to the UK to work as a clinician and clinical researcher at the Institute for Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University. His research work focused on remission of type 2 diabetes.
Dr Peters now works as a Consultant at Waitemata District Health Board, Honorary Senior Lecturer for the University of Auckland, Educational Supervisor for the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, reports bone densitometry for Auckland Bone Density, and in private practice at the Mercy Specialist Centre.
Dr Peters welcomes referrals covering all aspects of endocrinology, diabetes, diabetes in pregnancy and internal medicine.
Areas of Specialisation
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Diabetes - all aspects of management and complications
- Insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring technology
- Obesity and disorders associated with obesity
- Male hypogonadism and erectile dysfunction
- Thyroid disease
- Thyroid and other endocrine cancers
- Pituitary and adrenal disorders
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and hirsutism
- Hyperlipidaemia and hypertension
- Endocrine disorders of pregnancy
- Internal Medicine - undifferentiated patients & those with complex comorbidities
Affiliated provider for Southern Cross and payment made online via the Southern Cross portal - part charges may apply depending on level of cover. For other patients, payment at the time of consultation is expected. Fees charged available on request.
BHB, MBChB 2006 Auckland; FRACP 2016
Honorary Senior Lecturer for the University of Auckland
Educational Supervisor for the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Reports bone densitometry for Auckland Bone Density
Dr Peters welcomes referrals from another Doctor, and will also accept self-referrals. Investigations including x-rays/scans and blood test results can usually be obtained online if they have been done in Auckland. Otherwise please bring the reports with you.