About Mr Tony Lamberton
I am a New Zealand trained orthopaedic surgeon, graduate of the University of Auckland School of Medicine, BHB (1990) and MBChB (1993).
I completed my specialist training in 2000 and hold the Fellowship qualification in Orthopaedic Surgery (FRACS Orth.)) from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and am a Fellow of the New Zealand Orthopaedic Association.
Before commencing in practice, I also completed a further two years of specialist training in the UK and North America during 2001-2002. I have been in specialist orthopaedic practice in Tauranga since 2003.
My sub-speciality areas are surgery of the hip and knee, in particular Total Hip & Total Knee Joint Replacement, including Revision Hip and Knee Replacement.
I am actively involved in orthopaedic research, aimed at optimising outcomes from surgery. I am the chairman of Tauranga Orthopaedic Research, a non-profit organisation that studies the outcomes of surgery for all public and private orthopaedic patients in the Bay of Plenty area.
I am the immediate past-president of the New Zealand Hip Society President 2016-2019).
- Total Hip Joint Replacement (THJR)
- Revision Hip Joint Replacement
- Bone graft reconstruction surgery
- Arthroscopy of the Knee
- Osteotomy / Realignment surgery
- Total Knee Joint Replacement (TKJR)
- Revision Knee Joint Replacement
- Computer navigation surgery
BHB, MBChB, FRACS (Orth), FNZOrthA
I would be happy to provide an orthopaedic opinion for you or your patient. I do ask that a formal referral is made in keeping with usual medical practice from the referring medical professional such as the family doctor, another medical specialist, physiotherapist or osteopath.
The referral should include:
- The reason for referral
- The relevant history of concern
- Any investigations undertaken
- Any treatments provided to date
- Date of injury and ACC number (if the concern is accident-related)
Many thanks for your consideration,