About John Leyland
Areas of Specialisation
Uro-oncology, Open & Endoscopic Surgeon including Radical Prostatectomy, Cystectomy, Nephrectomy, Laser treatment of Renal Calculi, TURP, Vasectomy & Reversal, Urodynamics, Incontinence.
Description of Specialisation
- Management of Urological Disorders.
- Special Interest in Uro-Oncology including Radical Cystectomy, Prostatectomy, Nephrectomy, Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection.
- Endoscopic surgery including Cystoscopy, Laser treatment urinary calculi, Transurethral Resection Prostate (TURP).
- Vasectomy and Vasectomy Reversal, Circumcision, Scrotal Surgery.
- Urodynamics and Incontinence management including suburethral sling
Hospitals Practising at
Braemar Hospital, Waikato Hospital
Consultations, Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), Flexible cystoscopy, Laser resection of prostate with or without cystoscopy, Radical retropubic prostatectomy with or without synchronous node dissection, Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP) with or without cystoscopy, TRUS prostate biopsy, Vasectomy, Transperineal prostate biopsy, Urinary flow study, Circumcision, Transurethral resection bladder tumour (TURBT)
Ureteroscopy and additional procedure including lasering stones
MBChB Auckland 1998
FRACS (Urology) 2008
Royal Australasian College of Surgeon Urology training scheme Christchurch Hospital, Tauranga Hospital, Auckland Hospital.
Fellowship in Uro-Oncology Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Waikato Hospital, 2008 - Present
Consultant Urologist Waikato Hospital - Clinical Director
Specialist Urologist in Private Practice