About Waitemata Endoscopy
Waitemata Endoscopy is a purpose built private endoscopy suite offering access to a group of experienced colorectal, upper-gastrointestinal laparoscopic surgeons and physicians working together at Southern Cross Hospital North Harbour. We offer diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy/colonoscopy and accept direct GP referrals, either to the group, or to an individual specialist.
The specialist team is made up of experienced colorectal, upper-gastrointestinal laparoscopic surgeons and physicians.
Mr Mike Hulme-Moir, Dr Ali Jafer, Dr Stephen Burmeister, Dr John Perry, Mr Siraj Rajaratnam,
Mr John Jarvis, Dr Ratna Pandey, Mr Andrew Herd, Mr Michael Booth, Dr Russell Walmsley, Dr Eva Juhasz, Dr Marius van Rijsoever.
This experienced team of endoscopists brings a combination of clinical knowledge and advanced international training to the centre. Patients can access a wide range of services backed up by the resources of a fully equipped hospital, with full confidence in the safety, and depth of capability involved.
Our team-based approach offers benefits for patients presenting more complex cases and should they require an overnight stay (pre or post procedure) or anaesthetic support, this can also be more easily dealt with within the hospital facilities. All our specialists have had international training and our work, in private and public healthcare, makes for a complete service for Gastrointestinal and Liver problems.
Endoscopy services offered include:
- Colorectal cancer and polyp detection and treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment for reflux and Barretts oesophagus
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease assessment
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome assessment
- Banding and injecting of haemorrhoids
- Advanced bleeding treatment with APC
- Biopsies for coeliac disease
- Endoscopy under general anaesthetic and ward admission pre or post procedure can be arranged
- RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation)
Female specialist available
Gastroenterology (Digestive system)