About A/Prof Ian Campbell
Associate Professor Ian Campbell ONZM is a General and Breast Cancer Surgeon.
Areas of Specialisation
- General Surgery
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Upper & Lower GI Endoscopy
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Thyroid Surgery
Banding of haemorrhoids, Colonoscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Gastroscopy.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy with an intraoperative cholangiogram, Open or laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Open or laparoscopic repair of inguinal hernia, Open repair of incisional hernia, Open repair of umbilical hernia.
Removal of skin lesions.
ONZM, MBChB 1981, DObst (Auckland) 1982, FRACS 1988
Positions & Memberships
- Consultant General Surgeon, Waikato Hospital
- Associate Professor, Waikato Clinical Campus, Auckland University School of Medicine
- Chairman, New Zealand Standards of Service Provision for Breast Cancer, 2012
- Chairman, NZ Guidelines Group, Management of Early Breast Cancer, published 2009 (www.nzgg.org.nz)
- Chairman, Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust
- Member, ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group Scientific Advisory Committee
- Audit and Post Fellowship Training Subcommittees Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand
- Lead Surgeon, Breast Screen Midland
- Member, Clinical Oncology Society of Australia
- Member, Endocrine Section of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, NZ Association of General Surgeons