About Prof Ian Campbell
Professor Ian Campbell ONZM is a General and Breast Cancer Surgeon.
Areas of Specialisation
- General Surgery
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Upper & Lower GI Endoscopy
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Thyroid Surgery
Banding of haemorrhoids, Colonoscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Gastroscopy.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy with an intraoperative cholangiogram, Open or laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Open or laparoscopic repair of inguinal hernia, Open repair of incisional hernia, Open repair of umbilical hernia.
Removal of skin lesions.
ONZM, MBChB 1981, DObst (Auckland) 1982, FRACS 1988
Positions & Memberships
- Consultant General Surgeon, Waikato Hospital
- Honorary Professor of Surgery, Waikato Clinical Campus, Auckland University Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Chair, New Zealand National Breast Cancer Working Group and Tumour Stream, Cancer Control Agency, 2012 – current
- Chair, NZ Guidelines Group, Management of Early Breast Cancer, published 2009 (www.nzgg.org.nz)
- Chair, Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust
- Member, Breast Cancer Trials ANZ Scientific Advisory Committee
- Lead Surgeon, Breast Screen Midland
- Member, Clinical Oncology Society of Australia
- Member, Endocrine Section of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, NZ Association of General Surgeons